The Argo Medical Education Program
What is it?
A learning community established by Stryker to support orthopaedic registrars throughout their training years and early careers.
Who can join?
The Argo program is open to all orthopaedic registrars in Australia and New Zealand, including those not yet accepted to The Surgical Education & Training program in orthopaedic surgery.
It provides hands on product experience and exposure to product experts through a comprehensive program of educational resources and courses.
Argo member entitlements
- Free accommodation to attend an Argo Course. These are two day national courses providing training and education in relation to Stryker products and covering general hip, knee or spine topics.
- Hands on saw bone and cadaver training is involved as well as expert panel sessions.
- Priority notification to attend any OTC (Osteosynthesis & Trauma Care Foundation) event.
- Educational support which can be used to offset course fees accommodation and travel when attending an approved international training course or observation which provides training and education in relation to Stryker products. The support is valued at a maximum of AU$2000 and is available for Argo members in their Fellowship years. Reimbursement will be provided with supporting documentation.
- Reduced registration to attend any Stryker training and education symposia in Australia or New Zealand. Dates and details available on application.
- The opportunity to apply for the Stryker Outreach Travelling award. Each year, this award allows several members to accompany consultant surgeons on international aid expeditions to countries such as Fiji, Samoa, Timor and Tonga.
- Argo Member Clinical Quiz - The quarterly winners receives a 12 month medical journal subscription or textbook up to the value of $250. Eligibility of entry will be determined by responding to a medical or other specialist healthcare knowledge question. Fellowship relocation advice to assist in attending international fellowships.
- Information evenings on topics which will include fellowship opportunities, clinical research, and navigation.
- Access to the comprehensive Argo website which provides updates on up coming training events and conferences, new fellowship opportunities, clinical resources, operative techniques and much more.
Fill out the following form to join the program. Fields marked with an* are mandatory.